FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 20, 2020
VILAS COUNTY ADVISORY TO SEASONAL AND SECOND HOMEOWNERS
Pursuant to Wis. Stat. §252.03(1), the Vilas County Public Health Official hereby declares that a Public Health Emergency exists in Vilas County. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the national spread of the COVID-19 virus, Vilas County Government must issue the following inter-county Travel Advisory.
- Due to high community transmission in certain areas of the State, Vilas County is recommending that you stay in your home area if you have a seasonal or second home in Vilas County. Due to our very limited healthcare infrastructure, please do not visit us now.
- People who have seasonal homes in Vilas County, please stay at your winter homes at this time. If you are already back in Vilas County, you must immediately self-isolate for 14-days.
- Vilas County has one of the highest populations of older adults in the State of Wisconsin. This population is at the highest risk of COVID-19; it is our priority to keep our older residents healthy and safe.
- The Vilas County Board will soon adopt a countywide COVID-19 Emergency Declaration. Please be aware that additional health and travel restrictions may be imposed at that time.
- This is an everchanging and very serious health situation, and Vilas County needs to be diligent in its response.
For the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 follow Vilas County Public Health’s website: https://health.vilascountywi.gov/