FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 23, 2020
Iron County Public Health in partnership with Iron County Sheriffs Office, Iron County Human Services, Iron County Emergency Management, and our Iron County Board of Supervisors is issuing the following message.
Pursuant to Wis. Stat §252.03(1), the Iron County Public Health Official hererby declares that a Public Health Emergency exists in Iron County. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the national spread of the COVID-19 virus, Iron County Government must issue the following inter-county Travel Advisory.
- Due to high community transmission in certain areas of the State, Iron County is recommending that you stay in your home area if you have a seasonal or second home in Iron County,. Due to our very limited healthcare infrastructure, please do not visit us now.
- People who have a seasonal home in Iron County, please stay at your winter homes at this time. If you are already back in Iron County, you must immediately self-isolate for 14-days.
- Iron County has one of the highest populations of older adults in the State of Wisconsin. This population is at the highest risk of COVID-19; it is our priority to keep our older residents healthy and safe.
- The Iron County Bard has adopted a countywide COVID-19 Emergency Declaration. Please be aware that additional health and travel restrictions may be imposed at that time.
- This is an ever-changing and very serious health situation, and Iron County needs to be diligent in its response.
For the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 follow Wisconsin Department of Health Services webpage.