We are still awaiting a permit from the Corps of Engineers. They did not provide an estimated date for issuing the permit. We are also awaiting a storm water permit from WDNR. We hope to have both permits by September 17.
Easements and Legal Agreements
We are continuing to work with the Town of Mercer on an agreement to share the easement for the town road. We met with the Town of Mercer on September 5. The Town will review the information and discuss with their attorney.
Bidding and Construction
We are proceeding with a construction contract with Ross Peterson Construction. Ross Peterson indicated that the construction would likely take about 4-5 weeks. Asphalt plants generally shut down at the end of October, so Peterson would like to start by September 17 to allow for time for inclement weather and still complete the project. Construction can’t start until we have the legal agreement with the Town of Mercer and the Corps permit. If we are delayed, we may still complete the embankment work and complete the paving next spring. This is not preferred as we would like to have the paving completed during the window we established this fall so as not to impact use of the boat ramp. Waiting until spring to pave would also result in increased cost.
We are coordinating with Price Electric and CenturyLink regarding relocation of utilities. Two distribution line poles will need to be raised prior to construction to accommodate the raised boat ramp entrance. Price Electric will complete this work but no specific schedule has been established. CenturyLink will relocate the telephone line when the embankment is completed prior to paving.
We are committed to service excellence.
Visit our survey at http://dnr.wi.gov/customersurvey to evaluate how I did.
Turtle Flambeau Scenic Waters Area
Bureau of Parks and Recreation Management
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
5291N State House Circle
Mercer, WI 54547